HOW TO WRITE AN ESSAY
TOPIC. Should the university education be free or paid?
In order to study at university students are required to pay expensive university fees. Not all students can afford them so some people think that university education should be free for everybody.
To what extent do you agree or disagree? (Germ. Inwieweit stimmen Sie zu oder nicht?)
Do you agree that university education should be free for everyone?
Reasons why I agree - supporting points:
- Equality for rich and poor
- Benefit society / more educated people
- No need to work + study
1. Having free education means that both rich and poor people have equal opportunities.
2. It will benefit society because if education is free more people study. It means there will be more educated stuff.
3. Students don't have to work and study at the same time. They will be able to focus just on their studies and get better results.
Developing of each main supporting point
1. Equality for rich and poor:
- present (current) situation = poor people unable to enter university because they cannot pay the university fees
- part of society is excluded from university = discrimination
- modern society should avoid discrimination
2. Benefit society = more educated people
- more skilled people
- It shows that a country is leading in different fields of the economy
- economic advantages. So more business leaders want to invest in your country.
3. No need to work and study
- Example. 75 percent of students in UK have to work to cover costs
- free education = students focus on studying
- better results
That's why university education should be free
We can change the order of the supporting points.
1. Equality for rich and poor students
2. No need to work and study
3. Benefit society = more educated people
WRITING AN ESSAY
a. Background statement which introduces the topic itself
Essay question: In order to study at university students should pay expensive tuition fees. Not all student can afford them so some people think that university education should be free for everyone.